- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Oct 22 2018 - Oct 28 2018
- Time: 21:00 - 07:00
[6D5N] Sumatran Orangutan in Bukit Lawang, Tangkahan & Lake Toba
North Sumatra is a province on the Indonesian island of Sumatra, between the Malacca Strait and the Indian Ocean. Its northern, riverside town of Bukit Lawang has a well-known orangutan rehabilitation centre. Massive Lake Toba is a volcanic crater lake in the central mountains. Resorts such as Tuktuk and traditional villages lie along the shore and on the vast island of Samosir. The richness of Batak culture which can be seen around the island.
Besides that, in the Mount Leuser National Park which includes Tangkahan and Bukit Lawang at Langkat Regency, we can find rainforest and interesting flora and fauna of Sumatra such as Rafflesia, Amorphophallus sp, Damar, Meranti, Mayang, Kantong Semar while for the fauna is Elephant, Orang Utan, Monkey, Tiger, Forest Goat, Wild Boar, Kuau Bird, etc. Bukit Lawang is where we will see the Orang Utan and Sumatran Elephants can be found at Tangkahan. We will trek in the jungle to see that flora and fauna. Besides that, fun tubing along the river that flows along Tangkahan and Bukit Lawang and spends time at the waterfall will be the main activities around this area.
DAY 1: MEDAN – TANGKAHAN (L, D)
From Kuala Namu International Airport, we will be going to Tangkahan, check-in and lunch. The travel time will take about 3-4 hours. After lunch, we will start trekking and also have fun tubing along the river. We will be going back to our accommodation in the late afternoon. Dinner and free time.
DAY 2: TANGKAHAN – BUKIT LAWANG (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will go to Tangkahan to see the Sumatran Elephant Conservatory. Relax at the Butterfly ‘beach’ where many butterflies were seen around. Back to accommodation, check out and lunch. We will move to Bukit Lawang today. The journey will take about 5 hours. Reach accommodation, rest, dinner and free time.
DAY 3: JUNGLE TREKKING – FUN TUBING – BRASTAGI (B, L, D)
Breakfast at 7 am. Today we will be going for jungle trekking to search for Orangutan in its habitat, exploring the waterfall and fun tubing back to our accommodation. Check out in the afternoon and after lunch, we will go to Brastagi. Check-in to our accommodation. Dinner and free time.
DAY 4: TONGGING – SIPISO PISO WATERFALL – SAMOSIR ISLAND (B, L, D)
After breakfast, prepare to check out and head to Tongging, one of the villages in Karo Regency. From Togging, we will go to Sipisopiso Waterfall and then to Samosir Island, the island in the middle of the Lake Toba. Lunchbox will be provided. Along the way, we will be visiting few places before checking-in to our accommodation. Dinner and free time.
DAY 5: AMBARITA – TOMOK – BATAK MUSEUM – MEDAN (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will be exploring the culture and village of Batak Tribe around. Spend some times to learn about the local culture and shop at the local market before going back to our hotel.
DAY 6: MEDAN – AIRPORT (B)
After breakfast, get ready to check out. We will be crossing to Perapat and then back to Kualanamu leaving for our city/country.
• 5 nights accommodation (twin-sharing)
* Single Supplement is available by request whenever possible
– 1 nights in Bukit Lawang
– 1 night in Berastagi
– 1 night in Tangkahan
– 1 night in Tuktuk, Samosir Island
– 1 night in Medan
• Land transportation during the trip
• Jungle trekking and fun tubing at Tangkahan
• Jungle trekking, Orangutan feeding and fun tubing at Bukit Lawang
• Meals as stated on the itinerary
• All necessary permits and administrative requirements
• Tour Guide and/or Leader
• Visa on Arrival (if applicable)
• Optional tours which are not stated on the itinerary
• Personal expenses
• Gratuity for guides
• Travel Insurance
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By joining any of the trips organised by Indonesia Explorer (IDE) and partners, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
• All deposits payment are not refundable once the trip is confirmed. However, you may look for a replacement.
• For payment made via Paypal, there will be an additional 4% Paypal fee from the total payment amount
• Organizers reserved the rights to prohibit participant for joining the outing if they find that the participant is not fit or suitable for the activities
• While Organizers try their best to organize all the trips, however, responsible for any unexpected issues arise prior/during the trips such as bad weather, cancellation or flight delayed, injuries, and other misfortune situations – are not held by the Organizers